If you think that buying furniture for a cat can be funny then you are mistaken. If you have a cat and not the toys and furniture which they may like then chances are high that you are not giving them the much-needed space of fun and enjoyment. Most of the people who have cats with them so far have clearly stated that kittens do need their own time for their own mental peace and co-existence and the best way to give them is by installing a cat tree house at your own home. It is fun, cost friendly and gives your cat the best me time and pleasure they had always desired for.
The reason why you must have a cat tree:
Whether you are looking for the best cat tree for large cats or the smaller ones, it is important to understand the reason behind buying it. It is something that gives your cat more like their own space even if your entire house belongs to them. It is more like a feline friend for your cat to have a place where they can play, climb, and even take a nap as and when they want. To let the cat do all the crazy things that they want such tree is the perfect thing you can have at your house. Below are some of the things you need to consider when buying such a product for your cat.
For the perfect house for your kitty, it is important that you focus on some of the important things such as:
The trees of the cat come in different sizes and configurations. It also serves different functions. A cat tree generally comes with a comfortable spot for lounging. If your cat would enjoy different perches and wants to pamper its fur on the carpet then look for the house with similar features along with a tree that has hammocks and even cradles.
Consider the personality:
Depending upon the size, age and the ability to climb, you need to focus on buying the cat tree. A large cat tree is perfect for those the spry cats while senior kitties tend to spend their time in sleeping for whom an enclosed space or the cubies can be a great idea.
Some cats rather most cats love to scratch themselves. Some love to spend taking the name. Depending upon their scratching tendency you need to choose the surface either the carpeted one or the wooden rope is also fine.
A dog run is one of the best gifts you can give to your furry friend. Dogs are energetic and love to play. Homes restrict their movement and make them lazy. But an exercise pen helps them to move around, play and enjoy without you having to worry about a tumbled house. We also worry about our dog getting hurt by vehicles, causing harm to the property or wandering away. But a dog run keeps you away from such troublesome thoughts.
You can either build a dog run or buy one. Look up for dog run for sale on the internet to buy one that fits your budget or browse the net for a DIY on building a dog run. Let us go through the features that a good dog run should have before you decide on buying or building it.
Structure of the Dog Run
If you have a long backyard then you can give your dog more space to run around. Modular dog runs that come in rectangular shapes can easily accommodate the dogs and their needs. For those who are short on space and make a square-shaped pen. Every breed of dog has specific needs ensure you do proper research and make the dog run according to their needs.
If a Roof Important
All dogs cannot be trained to stay down or maybe yours is still in the process of learning. So, if you want them to stay within their boundaries ensure that there is a roof. A secured enclosure will keep your dog safe within especially if the dog run is just beside a road. There are chances of accidents. It is also a good way to shelter them from rain or harsh sun.
Which Type of Floor Should You Pick
Concrete slab, gravel and patio blocks are wonderful options for flooring the dog run. Running around on grass can get your dog muddy and dirty. Those who keep their dogs inside in the night may have a problem because their feet will dirty the entire house.
Finally, Do-it-Yourself or Buy a Pre-Fabricated One
If you are considering building a dog run for their pet can use online videos for help. The process is time taking and requires certain techniques to build it. But it does save you a decent amount of money. Remember to keep a gate and use a weather-proof ultraviolet ray treated cover to keep the pet secure beneath it. Gather all the material needed and then begin the project.
If you aren’t the one with building skills and are short on time then you should buy a dog run for your dog. However, it definitely requires an investment and may not be a cheap option for you. But it will definitely save time and hassle. Pre-fabricated dog runs come in modern designs and different shapes and is definitely worth investing in.
Depression is a condition which affects humans and pets alike. Dogs are even more prone to it since they have the highest capacity to reciprocate the love that they get. But there are means and ways to interpret signs which actually warn the pet owners of impending depression in their canine pets. In fact these signs, if not correctly understood, only puzzle the pet owners who find no reason in a seemingly healthy pet becoming morose and uninterested all of a sudden.
Some definite signs
There are different reasons which trigger dog depression. The loss of a loved family member either due to death of departure, the arrival of a new baby or a new pet, drastic changes in their routine, shifting to a new house etc., all have the ability to provide the necessary impetus for a dog to become sad.
Depression brings about a lot of negative changes in a dog. These changes vary from canine to canine since each canine has his own way of reacting to depression. However, certain known outcomes of depression, which also act as warning signs include:
- Changes in appetite: There are two ways in which depressed dogs react to food. They either start eating very less or even stop altogether or they start binging on doggy comfort food. Thus any unexpected change in the body weight of pet dogs, either gain or loss, is indicative of chemical imbalance in the dog’s body. This appetite change is a definite indication of depression.
- Sleeping habit changes: Excessive sleepiness if seen in a pet dog is a definite example of depressed behaviour. But it is the pet owner who needs to take a call on the same since dogs anyway tend to sleep a lot. The alternate is also true in some instances of depressed behaviour wherein they suffer from trouble and restless sleep.
- Loss of interest: This is one symptom of depression which is similar to both dogs and humans. Like humans, loss of interest in the daily activities that the dog once enjoyed, is a sure sign of dog depression. Thus they become less active, tend to slow down and even seem to lose their purpose of living.
- Paw-Licking:Two behavioural patterns which also provide a sure warning of the inset of depression in dogs are:
- Continuous licking of its paw as a means to soothe one self and
- Excessive unprovoked biting.
- Hiding and avoidance:Any physical injury or psychological illness makes a dog go into hiding. It demands to be left alone and even goes to the extent of hiding under the bed, in closets etc. Such behaviour is a clear indication of a psychological situation bothering the dog thereby making him go into depression. Hence such a sign should never be ignored.
If any or all the above symptoms are present in a dog, he needs to be immediately taken to a veterinary doctor who will first check thoroughly to rule out physical injuries. After the same has been ruled out and depression has been confirmed as the cause of the canine’s change in behaviour, extra care and attention needs to be given to the dog to help it come out of it and start leading the normal life it once lead.